The Point Vet presents just 20 of the million reasons why we always recommend desexing your pets!
1. Your male dog won't want to roam away from home looking for a mate.
2. Neutering provides major health benefits for your male - reduce risk of prostate and testicular cancers.
3. Your spayed female won't go into heat.
4. Spaying helps prevent uterine infections and breast tumors, which are malignant or cancerous in about 50 percent of dogs and 90 percent of cats. Spaying your pet before her first heat offers the best protection from these diseases.
5. Majority of dogs that end up at the Gold Coast City Pound are NOT desexed.
6. Your neutered male will be much better behaved! Desexing reduces dominance and aggression problems.
7. Your male dog will not cock his leg and mark his territory on every pole, tree, couch and object he can find!
8. It is highly cost-effective - The cost of your pet's spay/neuter surgery is a lot less than the cost of having and caring for a litter. It also beats the cost of treatment when your un-neutered tom escapes and gets into fights with the neighborhood stray!
9. Spaying and neutering your pet is good for the community.
10. Your pet doesn't need to have a litter for your children to learn about the miracle of birth.
11. Spaying and neutering helps fight pet overpopulation.
12. Neutering reduces the risk of your dog being attacked by other male dogs
13. Most Dogs we see who have have been caught up in a scuffle at the dog
14. beach or dog park are not desexed!
15. Neutering can reduce sexual behaviors!
16. Females can suffer from physical and nutritional exhaustion if continually breeding
17. Pets generally live longer and healthier lives
18. Reduces territorial behaviour such as cats spraying indoors
19. Less likely to suffer from anti-social behaviors. They become more affectionate and become better companions.
20. No need to find homes for unwanted or unexpected litters of puppies or kittens.
Give us a call today to enquire about desexing your furrbaby!
Ph 5564 2822