Christmas is close by, and along with that comes the celebratory feasts which usually always includes chocolate of some sort!
Now, us humans can eat as much chocolate as we want however our dogs CAN NOT! Chocolate is toxic to dogs, they may love eating it, but it will make them ill!
If your pet has eaten chocolate and you know the quantity and the type of chocolate you refer to the below calculator. The calculator will tell you how much theobromine and caffeine your pet has eaten, what symptoms to expect and whether an emergency vet visit is required!
The calculator is a guide only! If you are concerned your pet has ingested chocolate of any form, please call us straight away! If your pets calculation is classified as “MILD” in the calculator, Dr John highly recommends bringing your dog in as they will usually have some diarrhoea.
PHONE 5564 2822